Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Month #3

It's hard to believe that Reid Bennett is three months old! Although I have loved every stage of his life thus far, month three has been my favorite. He is slowly developing his little personality. He smiles all the time and "talks" all the time. Just this morning I was laying in bed and could hear him in his room just "oohhing and ahhing" at his mobile (probably). I wanted to go in there, but didn't want to disturb his conversation! He is really holding his head up and loves to look around at everything. You can just look at him and tell he's taking in something new. His eyes get so big and he just stares and even smiles when he's seeing something he likes. He definitely knows who is who. He recognizes my parents now and of course me and Jes.

He plays independently now which has been super handy for me when I need to shower and get ready to go out. He loves his playmat and the songs it plays. He laughs at coos at the toys that hang down. His swing is still his favorite, but he's becoming more open to other things now. It won't be long and he'll be sitting up! I don't want to rush it, but I can't WAIT for him to sit up!

He has his first diaper rash and I am devistated for him. It looks horrible, though doesn't seem to really bother him. I am doing everything everyone has suggested to do and praying it goes away this week.

With month three brings the day I have been dreading. I go back to work this Friday. I can't believe the day is here. Where has the time gone? I am so blessed that he doesn't have to go to daycare and that he can be at a home with no other kids besides the ones that live there. My mom will keep him on Wednesdays and Jes will do Fridays when he's in town. It's the best possible situation and I am so thankful for that. But my heart hurts and I'm praying that Friday morning when I drop him off that God will just cover me in peace. I'm going to need his favor and grace. I know it'll be ok. God has laid this out for us so perfectly.

I never imagined I'd have this much time with him. Even if he'd been "on time" I would have only had 6 weeks. Three months has been a huge blessing and gift from God. I will always be grateful for this time. It has been filled with the most precious moments.

Jes and I celebrated two years of marriage this week. We went to Altanta for a quick trip (with Reid) and then last night we just went out for dinner. We sat and reflected on our 2nd year of being married and told each other what our favorite part was...amazing that we both said the same thing. We both agreed that the month that Reid was in the hospital was the best part of our 2nd year of marriage. Of course, because he was born, but not just that. We will forever cherish what God did in our marriage and lives in general. We grew closer to each other and to Him. We learned the value of teamwork and of truly trusting God when things were out of our hands. That month was the scariest, hardest time of both our lives and yet God, who's plan is perfect, took that and made it into a time we look back on with thankfulness and love. All the glory goes to Him. Jesse Hanks, you are a gift and a blessing. I cannot wait to be married to you on year #20 and #50!!!! I know God will still be doing amazing things in our lives.

1 comment:

The Kairdolfs: Lucas, Lori, & Layla said...

Happy Anniversary! I cry almost everytime I read your blog updates :) Isn't it crazy how motherhood captures our hearts in such a short time? We are so blessed. You are doing a great job at this momma thing. No one can prepare you for it, you just have to live it moment by moment and pray that God gives you a little wisdom and a lot of grace. Much love to all 3 of you...And Dylan too:)