Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Just To See You Smile....

...we'd do ANYTHING! Literally, anything. Our sweet Reid Bennett started smiling on September 10! He looked at me and smiled, but I wasn't sure if it was a "real" social smile or just gas :). But then, the next morning he was all smiles. My parents were at our house early because we were going to the Farmer's Market in Nashville and he was smiling at everyone. It was amazing! It still makes me tear up any time he does it. I say we'd do anything because we all but stand on our heads to try to get a smile out of him now and when he does, it is well worth the embarrassment!

SO many changes lately. Reid is REALLY holding his head up now. His favorite position to be held in is up on your should because he can hold that head up and look around. Its amazing to how much they change from one day to the next. I know I say that a lot, but its true. One day he can just hold his head for a second. The next day he's got it held up looking all around. So miraculous.

Other changes: He doesn't cry when he's getting his diaper changed anymore (well, sometimes, but rarely.) He also doesn't cry in the bathtub. In fact, he LIKES his bath now! If he's crying and you set him in there and start pouring water over him...ahhhh! He just starts looking around and relaxing. We love giving him his baths now. The witching hour is still here, but its getting better and not lasting as long now. Maybe we are just getting better at handling it? Probably.

We've been getting out with him a lot more which he likes! The kid adores being strolled. So we've been getting him out at least once a day in the stroller and in the fresh air. It seems to help him sleep better, too!

Our boy is growing like crazy and its wonderful and sad all at once. I already miss my sweet tiny buddy. Now he's just a sweet semi-tiny buddy. It's crazy to think that someday he'll tower over me! Blessings are abundant in the Hanks' Household. God is so good to us. We are so undeserving of his grace, but he showers it on us day by day, hour by hour. This lyric has been in my head all week and I hope to live it in my life....

"And when I'm doing well help me to NEVER seek a crown, for my reward is bringing glory to you."

No comments: