Friday, July 30, 2010

Settling In...

Well, we've been home for going on 2 weeks now and everything seems to be going smoothly. At least I think it is. We've established a good routine. Reid was waking up every three hours like clockwork and I mean literally if your life depended on you doing something at 4:00, you could just count on Reid instead of setting an alarm.. This week he's been sleeping longer and longer and now he's pushing every four hours. It really just depends. Either way, it works.

It's amazing how much the things that make my days enjoyable have changed. Now days, if I get a good poop and burp out of Reid...day is considered a success! Ha! I never imagined anything could be so hard, exhausting and scary and be so wonderful, worthwhile and rewarding all at the same time. Life is the same and yet completely different. I still feel like me and Jesse and I are still "us" but there's this new fierce feeling that comes over me when I look at Reid. It's this intense mixture of all-consuming love and the need to shelter, protect, nurture and be "everything." The hard part is when I realize I can't be everything and I look and there's laundry to be folded and dishes in the sink. I choose snuggling with my baby every time, but I admit I sometimes feel like I should be able to swing it all.

Having said that, life is grand. Reid is changing so much. Every time the sun comes up I feel like he is a new baby! I am so proud of him. We went to see our pediatrician for the first time on Thursday and he said Reid was doing awesome! He weighed 7lbs 15.5oz!! Almost 8lbs? My baby? Oh my goodness. J had to work so my mom went with us and we went to eat at Red Robin after. Reid's first lunch out. He slept the whole time. :) That's my boy. He's really starting to focus on things and will stare at the mobile in his crib and follow the little animals. He will really stare you down now and is lifting his little head and loves to wiggle around on the floor. Dylan is obsessed with him and we can't have playtime without him there by Reid's side to supervise. So cute! They will be best buddies before we know it! I put Reid in his swing today while I got dinner ready and he loved it. I wasn't sure because he hasn't been to fond of the little vibrating chair things, but the swing was great. He slept for a long time in it! New visitors this week: Vicki Kennedy, Megan Caldwell, Lona Dunn, Kerri Kairdolf!

Here are a few of my "can't live withouts" so far:

1. Boppy. Genius. Wish I'd invented it myself.
2. Dr. Brown's bottles.
3. Our grass drying rack. It has been a life saver.
4. Carter's onesies. Easiest to snap up.
5. Pampers. No leaks!
6. Little Lamb swing...new fave as of today.
7. Butt Paste. Magical

I love being a mommy and sharing this amazing journey with Jes! He's a great daddy and loves his boy. And I love him more than ever!!

God is good. All the time.

Reid and MiMi at Red Robin.


Playtime with Daddy.


Dylan loves to watch Reid.


With mommy at the doctor!


Snuggling...our favorite!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you are settling in to mommyhood. Miss you!