Well, Reid is doing great and tomorrow he will be 3 weeks old! Every morning when I get to the hospital I am so excited to see him and the difference I KNOW will be there from just the night before. He is growing and developing by leaps and bounds and its wonderful to see such BOLD evidence of God's grace and mercies and goodness day by day, hour by hour.
As of today he is going to be getting a bottle at every feeding! These are the orders we've been waiting for! If he can take these bottles at every feeding and remain apnea free for five days he'll be able to come home! He has had a couple apnea spells this week. Just two, but every time he has one they have to start all over with his five days. Soooo...if he goes 4 days and 23 hours and has a spell, we have to start all over. So, if you are reading this, please pray for our little guy! He is already a part of our home, but we are ready to make it official. Obviously, only if he's ready and we believe God will prepare him and us when the time is right!
His umbilical cord finally fell off so he got to have his first tub bath today! I wouldn't say he loved it, but he liked it MUCH better than just being sponged off. He got to have his feeding tube out for the bath so I got to see my baby today for the first time completely wire free. It was amazing. He's so beautiful!
Thank you all for being encouraging and loving on us and Reid. We will be so overjoyed for all our loved ones to get to meet him! The best is yet to come!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment