Well, yesterday I went my my school and told my principal I won't be back until October 1st!!! If I had gone full term with Reid this would have been my plan anyway, but when he came 2 months early we weren't sure what would happen. At one point I wasn't even sure if I would be able to take any time at all. That was a bad day.... But we prayed about it and the Lord opened all the right doors and not only am I getting to take August off, but I'm taking September, too! I am so thrilled! I never thought I'd get to have 3 months with my baby! We had always planned to save save save for when I have a baby so I could take time off and then I got pregnant unexpectedly and then gave birth two months early...things just didn't got according to plan :). So taking this time off is a HUGE step out in faith, but we just know that God has it covered. At my shower on Sunday when Kerri prayed she said, "Thank you God that nothing that's happened has been a surprise to you." And that gave me such peace. God has known what would happen all along and he's had his plan layed out perfectly for us and for Reid. How could we NOT have faith after what we've witnessed in our lives? God is the great provider and he will supply all our needs. We have NO reason to worry. He is faithful.
So, I'm just sitting back and enjoying being a "stay-at-home" mom right now and loving on my sweet baby. On another note, Reid slept for 4 hours at a time twice yesterday! I am so hoping he'll transition to an every 4 hour schedule soon and then skip a feed at night. Oh what I would do for that extra sleep!
We went and did newborn pictures with Kacey Randolph (Kacey Randolph Photography) and Reid was awake the WHOLE time! I couldn't believe it! She already sent me one picture and I cried! It was so precious. Kacey is amazing. Hire her for your pics if you haven't already! Can't wait to see the rest!!
Happy Tuesday!
No comments:
Post a Comment