It always amazes me how quickly things change with Reid. Literally from one nap to the next he wakes up a new baby. It's incredible. This week all of a sudden between two feeds he went from eating 3oz to 4oz and going from 3 hours to 4 hours in between. I have to say that this has been a change that made momma happy! It's amazing what that extra hour does for us. That means only one middle of the night feed...more time to get things done during the day. I was able to clean my house today, do laundry, dishes, etc all from 6:30-10:30! The best thing has to be the extra sleep though...hands down!! And the even better part is that I feed him at 10:30 and then Jes gets up with him for the 2:30 and I get to SLEEP until 6:30. Let me do the math for you...that's EIGHT HOURS!! (Give or take 30 minute for getting up to check on him/put paci in mouth/etc.)
The only thing is that the child does NOT burp easily so about halfway between feeds he wakes up screaming and I go in, pick him up, he burps and then passes right back out. Don't know what else to do. Can't just sit and beat on the kid all night. Poor guy. I officially stopped nursing/pumping this week. It was a hard decision, but given the fact that my milk production never recovered after I checked out of the hospital and left without my baby...it was just not working. I was getting MAYBE 2oz per day and stressing like crazy and finally just decided to STOP stressing. I gave it my all for 6 weeks and now I am ready to just enjoy my baby and enjoy feeding him for the next 2 months. Yay me! But it was hard...
Reid is six weeks old TODAY and still 2 weeks away from his original due date. We took him to church for the first time last night! He did so great. Passed out for the whole worship service and then woke up to hear his Pastor preach. Just like he did when he was in my belly. God is so good. It's so humbling to see my baby grow and change and develop and know how far the Lord has brought us. Being the daughter of the King sure has it's perks.... :).
Loving life of Thursday.
Six Weeks Old!
First Trip to Church
1 comment:
Reid is doing so great because he has a great momma and daddy! I hate that you weren't able to breastfeed like you had planned but nothing has exactly gone as planned. SO SO SO much more important for you to enjoy every moment with that baby than stress. Feeding him should be a precious time and not a stress. I can't wait to get my hands on that little man. Maybe I shouldnt? Maybe I would want another?!! Hope to see you soon! Your doing a great job being a mommy!!
XOXOXOX
Post a Comment