Friday, June 18, 2010

Home is Where the Heart Is...

We are home from Missouri and had a wonderful trip despite the sad circumstances that prompted our visit. Adam's funeral services were so perfect and I don't think Adam himself would have changed a thing. We received real closure and are so thankful for how God takes a sad situation and blesses the lives of everyone involved. I truly believe that there were hearts changed for the Lord that day.

Ady is three years old and HILARIOUS! Jesse was so excited that he could sit and have a real conversation with her. She says the funniest things and it made Jes even more excited for Reid to be 2/3 years old! Ha! I keep trying to tell him that all the stages before that will be fun too. She repeats EVERYTHING he says. He's going to be a great daddy. That I know for sure.

I am so blessed to have married into such a great family. We always have so much fun when we visit and I NEVER feel like I "married into" the family. They always make me feel like I have been a Hanks my whole life. They are so excited to meet Reid Bennett. When we were saying goodbye, I realized the next time they see us, we'll be parents...which in turn kinda freaked me out. D-day is just around the corner. Whew!!! Can't believe it.

No comments: