Monday, June 21, 2010

32 Weeks and Blessed

Today I am 32 weeks along and feeling it!! I am trying SO hard not to complain about the little aches and pains and the swelling, but this lovely TN, triple digit heat index weather is wearing me out. My "shrek feet", as we affectionately call them, make a daily appearance and I am doing my best to stay off them and out of the heat!!! But we are so abundantly blessed and that is why I feel guilty complaining about anything! God is good. His protection is over me and Reid.

This past weekend was a blessed one. I had a baby shower in Murfreesboro with some of my closest friends and my mom's closest friends. It was so much fun!! We got a TON of baby stuff and I am, again, overwhelmed at people's generosity and willingness to be a blessing to me and Jesse and now...sweet baby Reid. THEN, we got to celebrate Jesse's first Father's Day!! I know Reid isn't here yet, but Jesse is already a daddy, constantly talking to him and doing things to get ready for him and even singing to him...but don't tell him I told you so :). Just to give one example of how precious he is...we had a whirlwind week in Missouri and when we got home there was not time to get the house cleaned up before the shower. I really don't like bringing in MORE stuff to put away on top of a unkempt house! But, what could I do? So, I went to my shower, loaded up the car, got home and my baby daddy had cleaned the WHOLE house...even vacuumed!!! How did I get so lucky? What a man, what a mighty good man...hehehe!!!

OH - Our photographer, Kacey Randolph, who did our maternity pictures now has her website up and running! Please visit www.kaceyrandolph.com for more information!!

There is MUCH to do in the next 7 weeks to be fully ready for Reid's debut! Just as soon as I get done taking a nap I'm gonna get right on that!!



Here's a snapshot of some of Reid's presents at the shower and his GIANT giraffe from his Nana and Grandaddy!!!

No comments: