It's been a long time since the last time (and only time) I blogged! Time just goes by so fast! Being pregnant is an adventure for us every day. Something new is always going on with my belly! The biggest news is that we are having a BOY!!! Reid Bennett Hanks. We both thought SURE it was going to be a girl so it was quite a shock seeing that boy part on the screen. I'm pretty sure it took 2-3 days for it to soak in. We found out on a Saturday and on Monday at work I got a text from Jes that said "We're having a boy!" HAHA! It had just really hit him. Well, God know's best and it turns out that having a boy is exactly what we always wanted...even if we didn't know it! We just love him so much already!
We found out it was a boy at 15 weeks at the 4D Peek Boutique in Franklin. It was such a wonderful experience and I would encourage everyone to go! My parents, grandparents, brother and sister-in-law and aunt were all there and Jesse's mom and grandmother drove in for the weekend! We all went in together and they had couches and chairs and a recliner for Jesse to sit in next to me. The ultrasond was projected wall size. It was amazing. He was moving and kicking and it was the most incredible thing I've ever seen!! I am so glad our families were there to experience it with us! What a special day! Of course, baby shopping was done right after :).
We've since gotten our crib, changing table, travel system, TONS of clothes (thanks to a wonderful coworker!) and other little things. Just tonight we washed a load of baby clothes and sat and folded them and laughed about how tiny they were. It's hard to imagine having someone that small living here!
He moves around like crazy and his daddy FINALLY got to feel him kick tonight! What an exciting moment! I can't wait until we can sit and watch him moving around in my belly! We have childbirth classes booked and are slowly but surely preparing for this sweet baby!
The hardest thing so far has been the passing of my sweet Grandma. My dad's mom passed away after a long battle with cancer. She fought hard and was tired and when the time came, she went fairly quickly which is a blessing. She was loving on her family up to her last days and is sitting in heaven now where she belongs. The trip to Michigan was a brutal 10 hour drive, but so worth it. It seems weird to say but the weekend, despite the funeral, was wonderful! Such a great time with my dad's side of the family and I loved taking Jesse to MI for the first time and having him get to know them better. I am so thankful for my grandma and the sweet person she was. I found out she had already started a Christmas stocking for Reid Bennett. We will treasure that forever.
I love being pregnant and am so thankful to be growing Reid Bennett in my belly. I can't imagine anything being this special. Having him safe and protected inside me. It's an incredible, overwhelming feeling...
Here are my Pregnancy Top 10's (so far):
Top ten things I LOVE about being pregnant:
1. Baby kicks
2. Deep, peaceful sleep
3. Belly rubs and scratches from friends
4. Baby shopping
5. My growing belly
6. Hearing my husband talk to my belly at night
7. Maternity pants!!
8. Baby kicks
9. Feeling closer to God thank I ever have and feeling his power in my life
10. Feeling like nothing has ever been or will ever be this amazing!
Top ten things I DON'T love about being pregnant:
1. Not feeling the baby kick and freaking out.
2. Emotional breakdowns (lots of them)
3. Stretch marks
4. Opinions
5. Peeing 75 times a night
6. CRAZY dreams
7. Emotional breakdowns
8. Worrying worrying
10. and worrying
"Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart." Psalm 37:3-4
No comments:
Post a Comment