I feel like I should win a gold medal for actually making it to summer with (some of) my insanity intact. It has been so hard to focus on school lately when all I want to do is focus on these sweet little kicks coming from inside my belly. Now I can sit and think about (and freak out about) becoming a mommy without feeling guilty that I'm not thinking about decimal points and fractions. :) We had our first baby shower on Tuesday. My work friends threw me a diaper shower and I was completely blessed by the amazing staff at LLE! We have diapers of all sizes and more wipes than I can ever imagine using...although everyone tells me that I will use every.single.one. My wonderful team blessed me with the diaper bag I have been OBSESSING over. Vera Bradley, Totally Turq. Its the cutest thing ever! I love it. I wanted so so badly to come home that day and fill it with baby stuff. Haha...like I said, obsessive. I can't wait until it's filled with all the tings my sweet son needs.
So the last day of school felt surreal. I walked out thinking, "the next time I'm here, I'll have a sweet baby boy living in my house." It still doesn't feel real! I just can't imagine the feeling of seeing his face for the first time and kissing his little cheeks and holding him skin to skin. How do you anticipate something you can't imagine?
As I was told by so many, the third trimester has brought. I mean, as if someone said "ACTION" the third trimester has rolled on cue and brought with it as many naps as I can fit into one day! I am thankful to report a normal blood sugar test! I was really worried about having to prick my finger every day and worry about all the things that come along with gestational diabetes. Praise God for his abundance of blessings.
So, I kicked off summer with a celebratory lunch at IHOP with Megan and Michelle and then a nice LONNNNGG nap and then Sex and the City with my girlfriends. Jesse is out of town playing in Bay St. Louis in Mississippi. I miss him like crazy. I think I go a little off my rocker whenever he's not here. I just don't feel like myself when I'm here by myself. He's my stability.
I'm ready for the R&R that comes with summer and ready to get this place ready for a perfect homecoming for Reid. Not that he's going to go around checking baseboards when we bring him home from the hospital, but I want everything to be ideal for him. Nothing has ever seemed so important creating the PERFECT environment for my sweet little angel.
No comments:
Post a Comment